About the Festival
Tens of thousands of margarita lovers from across the Greater Houston area will celebrate their love of local food and drink at Sam Houston Park on Saturday, November 5 from 12-10 p.m. at the fifth annual Houston Margarita Festival. Festivalgoers can sample 27 different margarita flavors all made with 100 percent agave tequila, ranging from the classic lime to exotic jalapeño pepper to the craft Bourbon St. Hurricane, while tasting fare from local restaurants spanning multiple genres of cuisine, including barbecue, Cajun, Mexican and more. After a highly-successful “Best Margarita Competition,” which was introduced in last year’s festival, both restaurants and mixologists will again compete to take home the title of “Best Margarita.” Competing restaurants include Chulas, Diablo Loco, Lupe Tortilla and Top Golf.
In addition to the margarita competition, festival attendees will have the opportunity to participate in the salsa and limbo competitions during the event. Entry to the salsa competition is free of charge and open to non-professional dance couples. The veteran duo of Salsa Eddy, salsa enthusiast and instructor, and Crissy Poole, Festival competition organizer and dance professional, will co-host the competitions. The crowd will determine the winner of the salsa competition in true Apollo-style, with the title going to the couple receiving the loudest applause. With three stages dedicated to live performances, multiple DJs and bands will entertain the crowds from noon through 10 p.m., closing the festival with a 5th anniversary guest DJ set and block party.
The Houston Margarita Festival is open to attendees over the age of 21. Multiple ticket options are available including:
- General Admission, $25: one event ticket and one complimentary margarita
- Birds of a Feather, $150: eight event tickets and eight complimentary margaritas
- Value Pass, $37: one event ticket, one complimentary margarita, three margarita vouchers
- Premium Value Pass, $57: one event ticket, one complimentary margarita, three margarita vouchers, three premium margarita vouchers
- VIP, $120: one event ticket, complimentary food, $1 bar with hand-mixed margaritas and premium liquor, lounge-style seating and free non-alcoholic beverages
We here at Urban Swank tend to agree with how fabulous this cocktail is no matter if you prefer it on the rocks, with a salted rim, or frozen. Well, for all your margaritas lovers out there, we have partnered with the Houston Margarita Festival to give away:
Two (2) pairs of general admission tickets (a $50 value) which includes entrance into the festival and a complimentary margarita. Two (2) lucky winners will be chosen and contacted on Monday, October 31, 2016.
Enter To Win
- You must follow Urban Swank on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter to be eligible for this giveaway.
- Please read and follow the entry instructions carefully. For example, if you do not leave a blog comment, your entry is void.