Whole Foods Market is looking for local craft food artisans and growers who take pride in creating the freshest, tastiest and highest quality food one can find in the great state of Texas. For our new store in Katy, we are specifically looking for companies producing in the following counties:
- Greater Katy/Houston Area: Harris, Waller, Ft. Bend & Montgomery Counties
- East Coastal Region: Brazoria, Galveston, Liberty, Chambers & Jefferson Counties
- Piney Woods Region: Brazos, Walker, San Jacinto & Grimes Counties
- Pecan Valley: Austin & Washington Counties
The Local Vendor Fair will be held on Thursday, January 3, 2013. Whole Foods Market local buyers will be conducting in-person initial product reviews on 1/3/2013 in 1 hour sessions from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Katy, TX for those companies who apply, meet quality standards and are ready for grocery level retail. To apply for a review session, companies must fill out application form by midnight CST on Sunday, December 30, 2012:
- Application and more information can be found here: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/katy
- All applicants will be contacted by end of the day Monday, December 31st, 2012 with further details.
- ***Submission of an application does not guarantee a review session on 1/3/2013.***
The Whole Foods Market Katy location will open on Wednesday, January 30. Katy store location: 6601 S. Fry Road Katy, TX 77494. All companies must meet the Quality Standards. Before beginning the application process, please ensure that your company’s product(s) meet our Quality Standards. For example, Whole Foods Market does not allow artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, hydrogenated oils, bleached or bromated flour, irradiated spices and/or high fructose corn syrup. All milk products must be free of added hormones and all eggs must be certified cage free. For more information about our Quality Standards: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/about-our-products/quality-standards.
Information and image provided by Whole Foods Market Houston.