Where Did We Go?
Sorrel Urban Bistro
2202 W Alabama St., Houston, TX 77098
What’s the Skinny?
Unless you are new to Urban Swank or have been selectively paying attention to us for the last 3 years, you know we HEART cocktails in a huge way! So, to sample Sorrel Bistro’s new Spring Cocktail menu for Swanky girl’s birthday celebration was so appropriate.
Head bartender and cocktail czar, Paul Espinosa, updates/refreshes the drink menu as often as many of us get our oil changed (for you folks that aren’t as timely, that’s every 3-4 months). This is one of the many reasons we love this place – they not only keep it fresh and give us variety in the food selections, they carry it over into their bar programs. He also makes sure the drinks are classy with a twist; we are still trying to figure out how to get our hands on his cocktail creation notebook.
What Did We Love?
We enjoyed all 7 of the new Spring cocktails; however we all had a favorite including Paul himself:
- Pisco Sour – Kappa Pisco, Key Lime, Turbinado, Egg White, Angostura Bitters
- Aviation – St. George Terroir Gin, Cherry Heering, Crème di Violet, Lemon
- Sorrel Cooler – Double Cross Vodka, Local Sorrel, Lime, Agave, Soda
- Vanilla Honey Mojito – Mount Gay Eclipse Rum, Honey-Vanilla Syrup, Mint, Lime, Soda
- Elderflower Margarita – Blue Nectar Silver Tequila, St. Germaine, Lime, Rhubarb Bitters
- White Nixon – Reyka Vodka, Domaine di Canton, White Tea, Grapefruit, Paloma
- Kumquat Sour – Herman Marshall Rye Whiskey, Local Kumquat, Lemon, Agave
Urban Swank did receive a complimentary tasting, but the opinions expressed are our own.