Where Did We Go?
Glass Wall The Restaurant
933 Studemont Street, Houston, Texas 77008
What’s the Skinny?
This year makes 8 years that Glass Wall has been opened and we know restaurant years are like dog years, so that’s saying a hell of a lot! One of the keys to their success is constantly giving the people what they want, and that’s good food (let me not forget about the lovely wine pairings). Recently I had the opportunity to check out several of the dishes, along with wine pairings, from the new menu. That’s another reason to love Glass Wall; the seasonal change of their menu provides the freshest and best available ingredients.
What Did We Love?
What did I not LOVE is really the question??? I’m very glad that Chef Jorge Rodriguez was sending out tasting portions, otherwise I would have needed assistance walking, due to all the food that I refused to stop eating! But since this is all about you guys and not about my lack of control around delicious food, I’ll give you my top picks from the new menu:
• TX Honey-Roasted Heirloom Beet Salad (baby arugula, candied pistachios, maytag blue cheese) – This salad is the business! The fresh and sweet beets play well off the tangy Maytag blue cheese.
• Pan-Seared Maine Diver Scallops (Miso Marinade, basil risotto, honey roasted cauliflower, sake butter) – It’s no surprise to me that these little nuggets of goodness are the best seller’s on the new menu. GOOD…GOOD…and may I add GOOD!
A few of the other items that are worth mentioning and are must-trys:
• Jorge’s Spring Wedding Soup (veal meatballs, escarole, carrots, celery, leeks, crispy fennel)
• Crawfish Ravioli ( ricotta parmesan, roma tomatoes, seafood broth)
• Maine Lobster Dip (butter poached lobster, oven dried tomatoes, parmesan/smoked gouda/asiago, roasted garlic)
• Double Chocolate/Salted Caramel Cake