Just when you’ve started recovering from the holiday spending spree, Valentine’s Day is knocking. Fret not – if you’re looking for ways to wow your sweetheart without emptying your bank account, here are a few solutions that could also earn you some major brownie points (AND you can only find them at Whole Foods Market).
“Gift” back: Make this Valentine’s Day special to more than just your sweetheart with these thoughtful and karma-boosting picks:
1. Whole Foods Market™ Organic Tanzanian Schoolhouse Project Milk and Dark Chocolate Bars – These Whole Trade, single origin chocolate bars are made entirely from cocoa purchased directly from farmers in the Kyela, Mbeya district of Tanzania and are Fair Trade. Your Valentine will love these milk and dark chocolate treats even more because a portion of the proceeds from ever bar supports education programs for school children in the district.
2. 365 Everyday Value™ Organic Dark Chocolate Bar with Almonds –This Whole Trade bar is sure to deliver rich cacao flavor and texture with just a hint of bitterness (the good kind). The intense flavor of cacao is balanced effortlessly with a wonderful organic vanilla extract from Madagascar and organic cane sugar from Brazil, both ethically sourced as well.
3. Divine Chocolate Milk Chocolate Hearts and Bars – Divine’s cocoa beans are carefully fermented and dried by the farmers who co-own the company. When consumers purchase Divine Chocolate products for their loved ones, they’re supporting farmers in Ghana by ensuring that they receive a Fair Trade price for their cocoa beans.
Even more goodies to dote over:
4. Send a message in a bottle with sultry H & G Pinot Noir from Central Otago New Zealand – A dynamite wine from a world-class new-world appellation for Pinot! WHILE IT LASTS at Whole Foods Market for under $15. Generous and silky cherry compote fruit and an elegant, spice-laden pinot varietal fruit finish.
5. For a sexy sparkler, try the JP Chenet Brut Rose from France. Tickly French bubbles for around $10 a bottle with a perfectly opaque rouge tint and pleasantly round but dry fruit nuances. Who says French sparklers have to cost a bundle?
6. Whole Foods Market Dark and Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Crème Hearts – Bursting with rich, decadent cream these smooth and creamy Belgian chocolate hearts are already wrapped in a cupid-sized box and bow, so you can pick one up and go!
Information provided courtesy of Whole Foods