My hometown is FINALLY getting a Whole Foods! Yes, Whole Foods Market Katy will be opening next week on January 30th. I guess since we had to wait so long, Whole Foods has spared no expense with this one. This store is like no other in the city, from appearances to all the new products and programs that are making their debut at this location. Here’s some of my faves from this new store:
* This store décor features interesting uses of raw and authentic materials with an emphasis on capturing the essence of Katy and its unique history in rice agriculture.
* They will offer a selection of frozen juice pops (Paletas) made in house; a Houston first.
* The meat counter will offer a butchers bundle program.
* Launch of a new healthy, seafood meal kit, for fast and simple take home preparation.
* The Katy store will feature an open 30 ft. bulk cooking department that holds over 200 grains, beans, cereals, nuts, snacks, and baking supplies; a comprehensive selection of herbs, spices, and specialty salts, and self-service bulk agave/honey offerings.
* A lifestyle area that will include organic clothing and a wide variety of Tom’s shoes.
* A new Focaccia bread program that includes assorted toppings on classic Italian Focaccia.
* Houston’s first hot mini cinnamon rolls baked in store.
* Fat Boar: Houston’s first draft wine-to-go program.
* The Katy Station, the wine and beer bar inside the store, will also be home to Houston’s first specialty grilled cheese station.
* Houston’s first A LA Marzocco Strada MP in the coffee bar. The machine allows the barista to pre-infuse the coffee with lower water pressure before applying full pressure. It’s designed with consistency and quality in mind.
And this is only a few of the things that make this new store awesome. I can’t give you all the highlights; you’ll just have to go next week to find out all about it!
Click here for the details on the grand opening: http://urbanswank.com/upcoming-foodie-events/icalrepeat.detail/2013/01/30/438/-/whole-foods-market-katy-grand-opening
Whole Foods Market Katy
6601 South Fry Road, Katy, TX 77494
Pictures by Felice Sloan, Urban Swank and information provided by Mary Landon, Media Relations Whole Foods Market