Serves 4-6 People
2 cups water
2-1/2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
1/4 pound lean Italian sweet sausage, crumbled
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup uncooked arborio or medium grain rice
1-2 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay)
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed, drained and chopped
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat water and broth in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat; add sausage and cook until browned. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
3. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat; add shallot and garlic and cook until soft. Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine; stir until absorbed.
4. Increase heat to medium-high; stir in 1 cup water-broth mixture. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed. Continue stirring and adding remaining water-broth mixture, 1 cup at a time, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another. Cook until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Stir in sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, cream, cheese and parsley. Stir until mixture is creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.