Shrimp & Grits (Makes 1 Serving)
Chef Aaron Sanchez, House of Blues
•6 Shrimp 16/20 size, peeled
•2 tablespoons fresh shallots, minced
•3 tablespoons chipotle sauce (we like Aaron’s Chipotle Love Sauce)
•3 ounces heavy cream
•1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
•1 ounce yellow tear drop tomato, cut in half lengthwise
•1 ounce red tear drop tomato, cut in half lengthwise
•1/2 teaspoon chives, chopped
•1/2 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
•1 ounce blended olive oil
•1 3″ x 3″ square of prepared cheese grits, cooked and cut into squares (your favorite recipe)
•4 ounces of chicken breading (your recipe)
•4 ounces of egg wash (your recipe)
•1 ounce of panko bread crumbs
1. Coat cheese grit cake (the 3″ square) in seasoned flour, then dip into egg wash.
2. Remove from egg wash and coat in panko bread crumbs.
3. Place in a 375 degree F fryer for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
4. Heat blended olive oil in a medium sauté pan.
5. Add shrimp and sauté on one side, flip shrimp and add shallots.
6. Add heavy cream and chipotle sauce, reduce by half.
7. Add tomatoes, salt and chopped parsley.
To Plate: Place cooked grit cake (square) in the center of a 12 inch pasta bowl and top with shrimp. Cover completely with sauce and garnish with chopped chives.