H-E-B’s Sweet Potato Pancakes
1 large sweet potato
¼ cup melted butter
1 large egg
2 cups skim milk
1 ½ cups H-E-B Whole Wheat Baking Mix
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Cut the sweet potato into fourths and use fork to poke holes in each piece. Microwave 4-7 minutes or until soft and tender.
2. Mash or blend sweet potato until smooth.
3. Combine butter, egg, milk and sweet potato puree in a large bowl. Stir in baking mix and cinnamon until evenly mixed.
4. Heat frying pan over medium heat and coat with non-stick spray.
5. Place dollops of batter (1/4 cup each) into pan for each pancake. Cook 2 minutes or until edges are starting to harden. Flip pancake and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
Recipe provided by Dancie Perugini Ware Public Relations