Tim Whitlock, Senior Vice President and COO of Morton’s the Steakhouse, has announced the launch of Morton’s Grille, slated to open in The Woodlands on Tuesday, September 10. A casually-elegant sister restaurant to the nationally acclaimed Morton’s The Steakhouse, Morton’s Grille is an exceptional addition to the vibrant and ever-growing Waterway area.
Morton’s The Steakhouse is renowned for its signature menu and legendary hospitality, and prides itself on serving only the finest quality foods, featuring USDA prime aged beef, fresh fish and seafood, hand-selected produce and elegant desserts – all prepared to perfection.
The same can be expected from Morton’s Grille.
“The casual, yet sophisticated, atmosphere of the Morton’s Grille will allow greater accessibility for guests. Stemming from the nationally acclaimed brand with the highest level of quality as a priority, the menu at Morton’s Grille will incorporate some of the classic steakhouse items as well as what are sure to be new favorites,” said Tim Whitlock, Senior Vice President of Operations and Chief Operating Officer for Morton’s The Steakhouse.
The playful and inventive menu definitely stands on its own apart from the more traditional Steakhouse. Great options for sharing include the Tuna Poke with a soy caramel sauce, Creole Shrimp with white cheddar spoonbread or the Veal and Mozz or Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.
Of course, the “Morton’s” name would not precede “Grille” if classic steakhouse options were not available as well. The menu features classic favorites including Center-cut Filet Mignon, Center-cut Ribeye, Double-cut Pork Chop and even a “Dirty” Pork Chop, among others. Top it off with your favorite butter whether it is infused with black truffles, blue cheese or a decadent foie gras-cognac compound.
The following menu items are sure to be stand out favorites among guests:
- Bacon Fat Braised Ribs ($27) – BBQ baby back ribs, seasoned matchstick fries, Texas style soppin’ sauce
- Land and Sea ($26) – Seared sea scallops, shitake mushrooms, braised short rib gnocchi
- Prime Rib Hash ($18) – Diced prime rib, potatoes, sautéed onions, Worcestershire & poached eggs
- Hot Pastrami Reuben ($16) – House red cabbage “kraut,” bacon, Swiss cheese, 1000 island spread
- Braised Beef Short Rib Sliders ($16) – Creamy horseradish, crispy shallots, egg & onion rolls, seasoned matchstick fries
- Prime Rib French Dip ($18) – Shaved prime rib, green pepper, provolone cheese, seasoned matchstick fries
- Morton’s Prime Burger ($16) – rime beef patty with your choice of toppings: cheese, Applewood bacon, sautéed onions or mushrooms, seasoned matchstick fries
The bar area at Morton’s Grille is sure to be a popular destination at the Waterway for after-work. Guests can indulge in hand crafted cocktails that are as creative as the menu items themselves. The fully stocked bar also includes a list of local craft beers and original cocktails. For those looking to share, there are two punch bowls available ($29 each) that serve 4 to 6 people:
- Bachelorette Punch – Mount Gay rum, triple sec, coconut water, lime, pineapple juice and strawberry puree, topped with Piper Sonoma sparkling wine and 6 drops of Fee Brothers Falernum
- Punch in the Face – Sombra agave de Oaxaca mescal, lime, honey, Fever Tree ginger ale, jalapeno, orange slices and orange juice
Happy hour is available in the bar area Monday through Friday from 4 PM – 6:30 PM and from 9 PM – close. Items on the happy hour menu are listed at $6, $7 and $8 and include Toasted Garlic Sticks with blue cheese fondue; Filet Mignon Trio served with sauce au poivre, béarnaise and blue cheese butter; and Tot’chos – crispy tater tots with spicy beef, co-jack cheese and jalapenos.
Morton’s Grille can seat over 160 with a private dining room large enough for 48 guests and creates the perfect setting for any business meeting, family gathering or intimate dinner. Located at 25 Waterway in The Woodlands, Morton’s Grille will be open Sunday through Thursday from 4 PM – 10 PM and Friday through Saturday from 4 PM – 11 PM. For reservations, please contact the restaurant at 832.585.0794.
Information provided by Katy Mayell Ellis of Dancie Perugini Ware Public Relations.