Join Central Market in making February the most delicious month of 2013 with exciting new classes and workshops sure to keep you in the know. Impress all your foodie friends and family with your new skills in the kitchen. Whether you’re looking to share a new culinary experience with that special someone, get a lesson in wine or chocolate for your guilty pleasure fix or master exotic dishes from around the world, Central Market Cooking School has just the class for you. You’ll find everything from Couple’s Cook classes that make the perfect Valentine’s Day gift to hands-on entertainment tutorials guaranteed to have you ready for those spring-time dinner parties and so much more. Please see additional information below.
DECEMBER COOKING SCHOOL HIGHLIGHTS:
Wednesday, February 6 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
Chris Nemoto, Sushi Chef, Zushi Japanese Cuisine
Chris honed his skills after extensive training with a master sushi chef. He’ll share insight into his techniques and genius at working creatively with ingredients in this very popular class. Tonight’s menu includes:
- Miso Soup;
- Spicy Tuna Roll;
- Nigiri (Traditional Sushi with the Chef’s Selection of Fish-of-the-Day over a Ball of Rice);
- Char-rific Sashimi Appetizer (Seared Arctic Char, Crispy Plantain Chip, Yellow Chili Pepper Sauce, Avocado, Black Flying Fish Roe, and Kouji-zuke Leeks); and
- Lover’s Heart (Lump Crab, Asparagus Tempura, Fresh Water Eel, and Cucumber Rolled in the shape of a heart with Pink Soy Paper), served with Ginger Aioli Sauce.
Friday, February 8 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
Elizabeth Escobedo, Culinary & Cultural Expert; Cookbook Author
(For Ages 18 & Up)
Tonight you and your partner will work together to make tonight’s menu of Mexican comfort food. You’ll fall in love with either each other or the food – or both! You’ll learn to make:
- Horchata – Mexican Rice Cooler;
- Gorditas de Queso – Mini Masa Cakes with Cheese, served with Tomatillo-Arbol Sauce;
- Mexican Cabbage Slaw with Avocados, Tomatoes & Cilantro;
- Mexican Beef Stew – Caldo de Res – with Mexican Rice & Corn Tortillas; and
- Tres Leches Cake with Rum Whipped Cream.
Wednesday, February 13 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
Annie Rupani, Executive Chef & Owner Cacao & Cardamom
Cacao & Cardamom was opened in 2012 and since then has been wowing foodies with exotic flavor combinations, all created by Executive Chef & Owner Annie Rupani. Tonight she will share her passion for chocolate and you’ll learn to make (and take home):
- Banana Nutmeg Chocolates;
- Five Spice Praline Chocolates, and;
- Dipped Dried Figs stuffed with Balsamic Ganache
Monday, February 18 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Central Market Beer & Wine Experts
(For Ages 21 & Up)
Join our resident expert on a tour of the most popular varieties of grapes that provide us with some of the world’s most sought after wines. The selections will be from regions throughout the world that are highly respected for producing trademark wines. In addition to tasting the featured wines, you will also learn about what to look for when tasting wine, how the grapes are grown, techniques utilized in the winery and much more. You’ll sample:
- Domaine Arnoux Bourgogne
- Domaine Fourrey Chablis
- Domaine Fourrey Mont de Milieu Chablis
- Ch Fronplegade
- Ch Ducla
- Ch Rauzan Blanc
Thursday, February 21 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
Nicole Routhier, Chef; Cookbook Author
(For Ages 18 & Up)
Nicole is spicing it up tonight with this menu of Thai favorites that are big on taste and short on prep-time. You’ll get expert guidance as you learn to make:
- Kaeng Kung – Shrimp Steamed in Coconut Milk & Thai Herbs;
- Pad Kee Mao – Stir-Fried Drunken Noodles with Pork, Kale & Sweet Soy Sauce;
- Gaeng Ped Kai Fak Tong – Red Curry with Chicken, Winter Squash & Basil, and;
- Kuay Tod – Thai-Style Banana Fritters
Tuesday, February 26 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
Molly Fowler, The Dining Diva, Cookbook Author
(For Ages 18 & Up)
Molly is back with tips and techniques on how to entertain without spending all your time in the kitchen. Tonight you’ll learn to make:
- Spinach Salad with Bleu Cheese, Berries & Blueberry Vinaigrette;
- Pan Seared Salmon with Sauce Dijon;
- Oven Roasted Asparagus;
- Lemon Herb Dinner Rolls; and
- Chocolate Macadamia Tart
Information provided by Dancie Perugini Ware Public Relations.