Let me go on the record as saying that, our city does LOTS of food well and one can find certain dishes all over town. Seriously, think of all the Tex-Mex, burger, steak, and crawfish spots there are in this city! However, when someone asks me where they can go and get a great sandwich, I can only offer a few places. Let’s be honest; Houston is not a huge sandwich shop city. Maybe that is why East Hampton Sandwich Co. has been able to roll into town and make all our sandwich dreams come true! Offering unique sandwiches like Lemon Caprese, Balsamic Tenderloin, and Lobster Grilled Cheese.
I’m admittedly not a huge sandwich person, but I do on occasion want a good sandwich. And with the opening of East Hampton Sandwich Co., my desire to have a good one on a more frequent basis just increased. Here are 5 reasons they give me all the feels right now…
- With the strength and appeal of their sandwiches and how well Houstonians have taken to them, their second location opening just weeks after the first one was a smart business move! I’m happy to report the second location on Montrose is now open.
- You can get any sandwich as a wrap or salad. A girl loves options!
- They offer adult lemonade that is pretty tasty, and for you frose fans they offer that as well.
- The Chowders or per the menu “Chowdas” are delicious as an add-on with a salad or with the lobster roll. They offer three flavors, and my favorite was the Roasted Corn + Shrimp.
- My sandwich baes at East Hampton right now are their Lobster Roll (¼ lb of Atlantic lobster knuckles + claws, lemon zest, herbs, butter toasted roll, Old Bay mayo). The Lobster Roll is jammed packed with lobster and served on a buttery roll with a side of drawn butter. The other is the Balsamic Tenderloin (sliced + chilled rosemary tenderloin, fried razor onions, bleu cheese, balsamic glaze). This one surprised me because I did not expect all the flavors to come together so well in a sandwich. Trust me it works – the balsamic glaze and the bleu cheese play very nicely together.
Have you tried East Hampton Sandwich Co. yet? If so, what’s your sandwich, wrap, or salad bae?
~Felice “Swanky Girl” Sloan