You guys already know that I love all things food; well, I also LOVE innovative and technological savvy anything! This is where you can now insert Whole Foods Market, because they embody all the above-especially their new flagship store on Post Oak. Opening day for this location, Houston’s ninth store, is tomorrow and folks at 55,000 square foot this one is a show-shopper that’s jammed packed with first for the company. Here are a few reasons I am in love with this new stores…
- They have the grocery industry’s first craft brewery inside a grocery store. Yes they are making their own beer right inside the store, and will have 20 beers on tap.
- They will have someone riding around in-store on a keg bike (see a picture in the slideshow below), decked out with two slim kegs that will transport beer to guests throughout the store.
- The new store is the first to offer a boutique-style clothing and accessory space known as The Greenhouse. This space will showcase unique, sustainable, and eco-friendly lifestyle items. It’s also a place where you can just hang out and chill.
- It has a Smoothie/Juice bar with in-store-made, cold-pressed options and a new menu to offer cold-pressed, full-service juices and smoothies.
- I love all the different seating areas this store offers. There are three areas throughout the store, including a second-floor mezzanine with a gas fireplace and lounge seating.
- Don’t worry about wasting time going up and down each aisle to find parking in the garage. There is a green light, red light system. Take a look at the slideshow picture to make sense of it. Basically, if the light is green the space is available and if it’s red not so much. You can see the lights from the top of the row before you turn onto a particular aisle.
In their usual ceremonial store-opening celebration, they will kick off with a traditional bread-breaking ceremony (Whole Foods Market’s version of ribbon cutting) at 7:30 a.m., followed by the grand opening at 8 a.m. The first 500 shoppers will receive a Whole Foods Market reusable shopping bag. Guests may also enjoy tastings, special sales, music and activities for all ages.
Whole Foods Market Post Oak
1700 Post Oak Blvd, Ste. 100
Houston, TX 77056
Store Hours: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily