Sauteed Swordfish Steak with Avocado, Fresh Crab and Red Chile Vinaigrette
Yields: 2 portions
2, 8oz. Swordfish steaks, 1” thick, no skin
1 Avocado, peeled, 1/2” dice
6oz. Fresh crab meat, no shells
1 tbsp. Red pepper, very fine dice
1 tbsp. Serrano pepper, very fine dice
1 tbsp. Red onion, very fine dice
4 tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp. Fresh lime juice
6 tbsp. Olive oil
1 tbsp. Sambal chili sauce
1 pinch Kosher salt
1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
• Season swordfish with salt and pepper. In a hot iron skillet add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and Sauté the swordfish for about 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness (medium rare is preferable).
• Combine avocado, onion, cilantro, peppers, vinegar, 4 tablespoons olive oil, sambal and cilantro, season with salt to taste.
• Place swordfish in center of hot plate.
• Place avocado mixture on top of swordfish.
• Place fresh crab on top of avocado mixture.
• Serve with garlic butter sauce immediately.
Garlic Butter Sauce Ingredients
Yield: 2 cups
1 lb. butter, softened
1 cup White wine
2 tbsp. White vinegar
4 tbsp. Heavy cream
4 tbsp. Lemon juice
2 shallots, peeled, sliced
2 tbsp. Parsley, chopped
4 tbsp. Garlic, chopped
2 tbsp. Salt & pepper
• Combine white wine, vinegar, shallots, peppercorns in a
2 quart sauce pan. Over medium high heat, reduce to
1 cup. Add cream and reduce to 1 cup.
• Whisk-in butter over medium heat, 3 oz. at a time. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Strain through china cap into 1/6 pan and hold hot.
• Saute garlic & parsley, add to sauce.