Many of you know and enjoy the fact that we at Urban Swank love subscription boxes of all kinds! It gives us the opportunity to not only bring you all something new, but it exposes us to all types of new and different products from many industries. Back in July, we started receiving the Degustabox food box which had just launched in the United States. Degustabox is a surprise food subscription box company based in Barcelona. They work with many popular and top tier companies to bring the best in food right into your homes. So each box retails for $19.99 and is filled with 10-15 delicious food products. We have been reviewing the box for the last three months- in July I did a first look and last month Shanna used one of the recipes and ingredients provided to make brownies. This is our final month getting the box, so here’s what was in it this month and our overall thoughts on Degustabox…
Some faves from this month’s box
September’s Box Items
- popCorners – Popped corn chips that are gluten-free, non-GMO verified, vegan chips.
- Sparkling Bitters – A line of flavored sparkling waters with bitters.
- Toosum – This 100 calorie oatmeal bar is super-tasty and gluten-free.
- BustaNUT – Old school peanuts that have been injected with amazing flavor.
- Sam Mills – Gluten-free corn & quinoa fusilli that is 100% natural and free of wheat, soy, egg, dairy, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
- Entenmann’s Little Bites – Chocolate chip mini-muffins that make for the perfect snack.
- Nando’s Peri Peri Sauce – This sauce is made with African bird’s eye chili and a blend of lemons, garlic, onion, and spices.
- The English Provender Co. – Some of the company’s chutney and lemon curd packaged in cute glass jars.
- Michel Et Augustin Shortbread Cookies – This brand has been making these delicious shortbread cookies for 10 years.
- Hak’s One Pot Cooking Sauce – This family favorite is a comforting sauce that can be used mildly or spiced up with chili pepper flakes to create a delicious one pot meal.
- Zollipops – Created by 11-year-old Alina Morse, these pops are a yummy natural way to help reduce tooth decay and dry mouth.
- Honey Bunches of Oats – They were in this month’s box but not listed on anything, so I’m not sure if this was intentional or a mistake!
- There’s lots of variety in the boxes and something for everyone. You may get snacks, drinks, sauces, and so forth.
- Great opportunity to sample new and different types of food products.
- At $19.99 the price of the box is very affordable. If you click here, you’ll be taken directly to their site and if you enter DTL1W for 50% off your first box will only cost $9.99!
- It’s like getting a gift each month since it’s a surprise.
- Even though this is a surprise box, I’d like to see some sort of theme or more cohesiveness within the box itself! However, I do understand that many people like the randomness of everything and love that about the box.
- Extra items included in the box that are not listed anywhere.
- I’d like to see more consistency with the literature included inside the box. My first box had lots of information about the box and recipes. This box had good product, but only one recipe and a page listing the box contents.
Would We Recommend This Box
Yes, we would definitely recommend it! It’s a fun box at a great price.