Top wines were selected from thousands of entries in the 2015 Rodeo Uncorked!® International Wine Competition, held Nov. 15 – 16, 2014, at NRG Center.
The 2015 International Wine Competition judging boasted 2,578 entries, including wines from 43 Texas wineries and 16 different countries. Medals were awarded to 2,221 wines by 20 panels of judges, consisting of wine experts, collectors and knowledgeable consumers.
The 2015 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition champions are:
- Grand Champion Best of Show – Rombauer Vineyards Diamond Selection Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California 2010
- Reserve Grand Champion Best of Show – Charles-Le-Bel, Brut, Champagne, France NV
- Top Texas Wine – Driftwood Estate Winery Longhorn Red, Texas 2012
- Top Sparkling Wine – Ricossa Winery Moscato d’Asti, Italy 2013
- Top White Wine – McManis Family Vineyards Viognier, River Junction, California 2013
- Top Red Wine – Antinori Guado Al Tasso, Bolgheri DOC Supierore, Italy 2011
- Top Region Wine – Shirvington Cabernet Sauvignon, McLaren Vale, Australia 2010
- Top Sweet Wine – Yalumba Antique Tawny, Southeastern Australia, NV
- Top Value Wine – Fancy Pants Red Blend, California 2012
All champion wines will be auctioned at the Rodeo Uncorked! Champion Wine Auction and Dinner Sunday, March 1, 2015.
Guests of the 2015 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo also can enjoy a selection of award-winning wines by the taste, glass or bottle at the Rodeo Uncorked! Champion Wine Garden, located in Carruth Plaza at NRG Park. For more information on tickets and events in the Champion Wine Garden, visit rodeohouston.com.
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is a Section 501(c)(3) charity that benefits youth, supports education, and facilitates better agricultural practices through exhibitions and presentation. Since its beginning in 1932, the Show has committed nearly $375 million to the youth of Texas. The 2015 Show will run March 3 – 22.
Information provided by the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Wine Committee.