This colorful salad features a quick dressing made from creamy avocado, tangy lime juice and zesty cilantro.
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cans no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or thawed if frozen
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
In a large bowl, whisk together avocado, cilantro and lime juice until blended. Add beans, lettuce, tomatoes, corn, peppers and toss until evenly coated.
Photo and Recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market.