The holidays are here and it’s time to get your eat and party on! So what do you do when you are the person hosting the party? Well, you are either prepared or you’re ass out with no plan in sight. You know we could not let you go out like that, so we have hooked up with Whole Foods to help get your party started right. They have created 8 Cheats For Holiday Hosting In A Hurry.
Hosting a classy holiday soiree doesn’t have to call for 12 hours of toil behind the stove. And let’s face it, stressed and sweaty isn’t a good look on anyone. So step away from the garlic press and put down that rolling pin – these simple cheats will have you prepped and hosting like a pro in minutes so you can get out of the kitchen and join the party.
For piping-hot nibbles in no-time
1) Spread your favorite pre-made pesto (either your favorite store brand or a go-to recipe), a few sundried tomatoes and Whole Foods Market 365 Everyday Value Goat Cheese on 365 Everyday Value Naan and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees for a delicious gourmet flatbread with a light crispy crust.
2) Try our new 365 Everyday Value Trio of Three Cheese, Mushroom and Spinach Florentine Mini Quiches. No need for pie tins here – just pop these delicious morsels into the oven, you’ll have a home-baked taste your guests will love in no time.
3) Make your oven multi-task as well as you do. Add some 365 Everyday Value Mini Pizzas to the oven while the quiches are cooking. With 12 in every box and plenty of variety, you’ll have something tasty for everyone to try.
For the dippers, spreaders and friends of cheese
4) Arrange a few people-pleasing cheeses such as a small wheel of our Wellspring Goat Brie, a traditional British blue like Borough Market Stilton, with a dollop of Dalmatia Fig Spread and a wedge of creamy, complex Le Gruyere on a serving platter with 365 Everyday Value Entertaining Crackers, Marcona almonds and olives for an elegant and appetizing arrangement.
5) For something a little different, add some Divina pickles, made for Whole Foods Market by an Arkansas family who has been preserving fresh seasonal produce since 1947. We love the Pickled Spicy Green Beans and the Mild Crunchy Okra Pickles.
6) To add a nice pop of color and flavor to the table, blend together 1 cup olive oil and 1 cup fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, chives, etc.) with a few pinches of sea salt to make a perfect herb dip for crusty breads and crudités. Or drizzle a bit over Greek yogurt for a tangy treat.
To satisfy the sweet tooth
7) Whip up a batch of your favorite cookies and pair them with one of three seasonal 365 Everyday Value ice cream favorites — Pumpkin, Peppermint or NEW Eggnog — and make your own one-bite ice cream sandwiches. For an extra twist, dip one half into melted white or dark chocolate and freeze. Don’t have time to make your own cookies? Try pairing 365 Everyday Value Ginger Snaps and 365 Everyday Value Pumpkin Ice Cream, or 365 Everyday Value Chocolate Covered Pretzels with 365 Everyday Value Peppermint Ice Cream.
8) Offer your guests a delicious assortment of bite-sized gourmet treats – try Whole Foods Market Organic Truffles in Cappuccino, Chocolate or Caramel, Whole Foods Market Fleur de Sel Caramels or Whole Foods Market Truffle Roasted Walnuts. No assembly required, and smaller portions mean you can have more than one! The holidays are busy enough as it is. Whether it’s your first or your 41st time hosting the festive gathering, everyone could use a little more time to enjoy their loved ones (and the great food). And don’t worry… our lips are sealed.
You know we could not pass these on without trying a few to make sure they were worthy of you guys.
So here are our faves:
• Wellspring Goat Brie
• Dalmatia Fig Spread
• Le Gruyere
• Candies Walnuts
• Market Organic Truffles in Caramel
Enjoy and let us know which ones turn out to be your faves!
Information provided courtesy of Whole Foods