1252 Tapas Bar at Uptown Park is making big changes to its menu to make dining at 1252 simpler, yet much more enjoyable. While guests can expect to enjoy the same vibrant experience in a chic European modern-meets-rustic environment, the following changes are taking place:
A New Food Menu Debuting Monday, October 14
The new menu, brought to you by Executive Chef Mercedes Gomez, features:
- All tapas priced at $8 – same mouth-watering dishes, new friendlier prices. The selection includes authentic Spanish dishes such as as patatas bravas, gambas al ajillo & lamb meatballs
- Bigger, better entrees with meats sourced from Augustus Ranch Meat Company, a local ranch committed to responsible farming. New entrees include:
– a 12 oz prime Augustus Ranch NY Strip steak accompanied with sherry gorgonzola organic mushrooms
– melt-in-your-mouth Braised Lamb Shank atop artichoke risotto
– skin-on Gulf Coast Red Snapper Filet in a caper-lemon butter
- Paella for 2 or for 4 (formerly, only individual portions were available), with 2 styles to choose from:
– paella valenciana, made with saffron rice, venison sausage, pork belly, rabbit, blood sausage & flat green beans
– fideua – a thin noodle paella in a seafood & saffron broth with shrimp, mussels, clams, squid & chorizo
- Supporting the re-format of the menu and concept is a new dining room layout with tables for 2-4 people replacing tall, communal bar tables
A Spanish-Dominated Wine List, now Including a Wine Flight
- While 1252 Tapas Bar’s Wine List has always included Spanish wine, 1252’s wine list will now be dominated by Spanish wines. Diners that usually stick to New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs & California Cabernets will be surprised with how Spanish wines meet & exceed expectations.
- A wine flight will now be available, in which guests may sample four wines by the glass & taste them in the form of three ounce pours. Each flight is accompanied by an information card outlining the wine’s origins, aroma & tasting notes. This wine flight will be priced at $20.
- Carafes of house-made wine-based sangria are now $10 every Saturday!
Information and image provided by Carla Soriano of 1252 Tapas Bar.