As a woman, I am the first to admit that it can be very exhausting being one of us! We’ve got to be daughters, mothers, sisters, wives, and friends all while looking absolutely fabulous in each one of those roles. Okay, maybe that’s not entirely true, and we put that extra pressure on ourselves. For me, I wouldn’t change a thing because I love it! I love the wardrobe, hair, makeup, and beauty products that are required every day! However, I’m very aware and sensitive to the fact that this is not how all woman feel. Some don’t have the time, and others could honestly give two shits about any of these things. The place where we all meet is that we want to look good! Keeping that in mind, I’ve decided to create a few essential articles which will share recommendations ranging from fashion items to beauty products that I feel are essentials and that all women need in their life.
First, up, the 5 essential bras all woman should own. Now as a girl with an ample size chest, I don’t want to hear anyone say, “I just can’t find bras to fit me,” because if I can then the majority of you can as well. You’ve just got to know where to look. If you have very small breast (or extremely large breast), I would suggest skipping the Target’s, Victoria Secret’s, and regular department stores, and heading straight to the specialty bra shops or specialty stores like Nordstrom. These places specialize in bras and can even special order your size if they need to.
1) Get a well-fitted bra: Fit is everything when it comes to bras! It doesn’t matter if it’s an expensive or cheaper-priced bra, as long as it fits properly you are golden.
2) Sports Bra: Whether you are performing low or high impact activities, you need a sports bra that will provide outstanding support! This way you avoid any discomfort or back and shoulder pain. Dare I mention it also helps keep them up and not sagging.
3) Convertible/Strapless Bra: The convertible bra is the one you need for those garments where the regular straps would show; think backless, strapless, and halter-top style clothing.
4) T-Shirt Bra: The great thing about a t-shirt bra is their seamless and smooth design, which is designed to not show bumps and lumps through your clothes. They come in many different styles so get the one or ones that work for you. I have a low-cut one and several with molded cups in my collection.
5) Matching Bra & Panty Set: A matching bra and panty set is just a must have for all grown ass women! Besides the fact that it is sexy AF, it just gives you an extra pep in your step and elevates your level of badassery.
Check out this video with the lady I call the bra doctor, Mary Katherine of Top Drawer Lingerie. Listen to what she has to say about proper fit, getting a good push-up bra, and how she’s been tricking me for years with my minimizer bras !