Austin Fashion Week (from April 24 – May 3) has officially kicked off with Spectrum, and if you have not already, you should be planning your schedule for the weekend and beyond. For the next ten days, talented Austinites are pairing with local venues to host official events during Austin Fashion Week starting with The UT Fashion Show and ending with the 6th Annual Austin Fashion Awards. You’ll have your pick of events ranging from full-blown runway shows to intimate Sip and Shop parties. Most of these events are free and open to the public, so explore all of the events on Do512, add your can’t miss picks to your calendar, and start inviting your friends!
AFW 2014 SCHEDULE
• Thursday, April 24: Spectrum: The UT Fashion Show
• Friday, April 25 – Sunday, April 27: AFW Showcase Events
• Saturday, April 26: The AFW Brunch Benefiting The Rise School of Austin
• Monday, April 28: Shop787 Presented by Avant Garde Jewelry
• Tuesday, April 29: The Men’s Event Presented by Sport Clips
• Wednesday, April 30: AFW Runways & Marketplace Presented by Bernina
• Thursday, May 1: AFW Runways & Marketplace Presented by Bernina
• Friday, May 2: FA360 Designer Workshop
• Friday, May 2: Designer All Stars Presented by Bernina
• Saturday, May 3: 6th Annual Austin Fashion Awards
Entering it’s 6th year, Austin Fashion Week is now established as one of the premier fashion events in the Southern United States. Named a “Fashion Week to Watch” by Fashionista.com, Austin has become the most cutting edge fashion city in the South, mixing eclectic southern genteel designs with rockstar attitude. For a full rundown of the schedule and tickets, go here.