Now that it is officially Summer it’s time for me to start thinking glowy skin! Yes, brown girls wanna have sun-kissed glowy looking skin too! For me, it usually starts with my skincare products and then I move to my makeup. Before the summer arrived I already knew what product I wanted to give a try to get the look I craved, Becca X Chrissy Teigen Glow Face Palette.
I think this is a good collaboration for Becca because when I think of Teigen, I think “Golden Glowy California Girl.” For those that aren’t familiar with Chrissy Teigen she is a top-model, cookbook author, and did I mention the quintessential California beauty. All the shades were handpicked by her and represent what glow looks like to her in this limited-edition face palette that contains two highlighters, a blush, and a bronzer.
Claims & Hype About The Product
Let’s start with the obvious Chrissy Teigen herself! Folks lost their ever-loving minds when she hinted to this collaboration on her Instagram page back in April.
Claims – Achieve the ultimate endless summer glow with the BECCA X Chrissy Teigen Glow Face Palette. Chrissy Teigen captures the essence of what BECCA stands for effortless, natural, authentic beauty. Together, they’ve collaborated for a gorgeous face palette full of warm, lush, sultry shades of highlighter, blush, and bronzer. Each shade in this limited-edition palette features BECCA’s iconic, one-of-a-kind formula that blends pigments with liquids to impart a unique, creamy feel that applies like seamless silk and never cakes. Just mix, layer, and blend these formulas to get your perfect summer glow.Thoughts…Mad or Nah?
This palette is a YASSS for me! I love all the colors and the way they layer together so nicely. Also, the highlighters worked well as eyeshadows too. Are there other products out there that look similar or almost exactly alike – sure. However, the formula of these shades is hands down one of the best on market! Becca face products are some of my favorites and works well on my skin.
- All the colors work well together and can even be mixed to enhance your look. Since the bronzer (in Malibu Soleil) is very light and barely shows up on me, I mix it with the highlighter Beach Nectar to create a beautiful warm glow.
- A must have for those that enjoy peach and coral tones.
- The packaging is gorgeous.
- Brown girl friendly and approved.
- The formula makes the shades incredibly blendable.
- Only 3 of the 4 shades are new for Becca; Rose Gold is Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed.
- On darker skin, the bronzer does not act as a bronzer or contour.
- It does look similar to other face palettes (think Jaclyn Hill’s last year) and other highlighters.
~Felice “Swanky Girl” Sloan