DEFINE body & mind, an exercise studio specializing in balanced fitness and excellent customer service, has expanded its footprint within the greater Houston area with two new locations, one in The Woodlands and one in Sugar Land. Existing studio locations include River Oaks, Tanglewood, West University and the Energy Corridor.
DEFINE body & mind was developed by founder and Houston native Henry Richardson in 2009. Henry is a former All-American and National Team Member for Springboard and Platform Diving. After a successful career, Henry moved to New York City where he joined Teach For America to teach 6th grade children in the South Bronx. As a teacher, Henry was surprised that his old injuries from diving were still causing discomfort. By the end of his first year teaching, his injury was severely affecting his ability to enjoy his work. With the encouragement of a friend, Henry began taking his first Pilates/Yoga/Ballet hybrid class, Core Fusion. Six months later, he taught his very first Core Fusion class, and within one year, he was helping open locations across the country. In 2007, he moved back to Houston to begin his MBA at Rice University. Since graduation, Henry has focused on introducing this transforming exercise class to Houstonians.
“We are excited to spread DEFINE body & mind’s unique brand of transformational results to customers in The Woodlands and Sugar Land,” said Henry Richardson. “Opening locations in these vibrant and growing markets has long been a goal, and we’re looking forward to becoming invested in each community.”
The 2,800-square-foot Woodlands studio is now open for business. Located at 4747 Research Forest Dr., Suite 100, The Woodlands, TX 77381, the studio can be reached at (832) 499-6383. The 2,750-square-foot Sugar Land studio is also open for business. Located at 16525 Lexington Blvd, Sugar Land, TX 77479, the studio can be reached at (281) 903-7335. Both studios carry athletic and workout apparel from bobi, Hard Tail, Splits59 and DEFINE branded items and accessories for both women and men.
DEFINE studios are a balance of luxury and eco-friendliness built with materials geared towards better health, better living, and being better for the environment. In fact, DEFINE’s founder is LEED AP certified. The interior design of both studios feature a combination of clean and contemporary elements blended with antique and rustic accents. The studios feel both warm and Zen, a trademark of DEFINE’s unique brand identity.
DEFINE’s class offerings at the new locations include:
- DEFINE body is a perfectly balanced 60-minute class of strength, flexibility, and fun. This results-oriented class combines Pilates, yoga, ballet, and core strengthening to target all the major muscle groups in the body.
- DEFINE mind is a soothing 60-minute class focused on gaining flexibility, refreshing the body, and calming the mind. Set to relaxing music, this class will help melt away stress and relieve tightness in the hamstrings, hips, shoulders, and more. DEFINE mind has elements of yoga, ballet barre stretching, and Yamuna Body Rolling all in one class.
- DEFINE body&mind is a gentler version of the DEFINE body class that incorporates DEFINE mind elements. This 60 minute class focuses on improving strength, flexibility and balance.
- DEFINE xpress is a brisk-paced class that offers a condensed version of the Define body class in just 30 minutes.
- DEFINE revolution incorporates the ultra-effectiveness of the DEFINE body class onto the bike, combining principles of isometrics with cardio-blasting, high intensity fun! For 45 minutes, DEFINE revolution features choreographed movements to high-energy music on a stationary bike for a full body workout.
- DEFINE prenatal is a great way to keep in great shape, look your best, and bond with other moms-to-be throughout your pregnancy. Although all of our classes are prenatal appropriate, DEFINE prenatal offers extra attention on how to work your arms, legs, and glutes. We also show you abdominal work modifications to keep your spine healthy.
- DEFINE baby is the perfect opportunity for mom and baby to bond while mom redefines her body. The class focuses on arms, legs, glutes, and abdominals for one of the most fun 30 minutes you will spend exercising with your baby. The class is especially designed for moms with babies who love to be in a baby carrier!
DEFINE’s commitment and involvement in the communities it serves is at the core of its mission, which is to educate people on how to become their absolute best. DEFINE believes that physical strength, length and balance impact both states of mind and being. DEFINE creates an atmosphere that inspires results, fosters community and gives back to others in order to achieve sustainable health and happiness.
For more information, or to register for classes, please visit www.definebody.com.
Information provided by Jessica Mason, Dancie Perugini Ware Public Relations.