Several months ago I visited the new Milk & Honey Spa in Houston for a facial. I got a Mini-facial with a Benefit Peel. This peel was selected for me because of my sensitive skin and because my goal was to leave with hydrated and luminous skin. To say it was a success is an understatement, see the picture of my glow above! I was super impressed and the fact that it was going to work for the next 24 hours had me even more excited. It was recommended I not put on any makeup until the next day – with that kind of glow that was a no-brainer for me. All I was thinking is I must get my hands on the consumer/home formula of these products. The brand of skincare products they use is Cosmedix.
Cosmedix uses plant-derived ingredients and pure essential oils in all their products while avoiding the use of artificial colors or fillers. They are a 100% cruelty-free and environmentally responsible. After spending some time with the Cosmedix consultant and playing with a few products, I decided I wanted to use the products for the next 30 days and see if I saw a difference in my skin.
Let’s Get Started…
Before I get into which products I used and how I used them let me give you a little information about my skin and what I was doing before starting Cosmedix.
I would have to say in general I have pretty good skin. It’s a little oilier than I would like, but that is controlled with good products and my diet (eating well and good skin go hand and hand). Additionally I do get an occasional breakout, but for the most part, things are fine. In the past, I would pick at my face, and that has created some hyperpigmentation and scarring. Before starting Cosmedix, I was using skincare products from multiple skincare lines. Plus I had begun drinking lots of water. My routine was working for me, and I had and have no complaints. The reason for the 30 days of Cosmedix was to see if I could change my skin and continue that glow – could I make it even better?
The Products and My Routine
Cosmedix Development Consultant, Rikki Stephens created my AM & PM routine. Here are the products that I used during my 30 days of Cosmedix products:
- Purity Solution: It deep cleans and purifies without stripping your skin of vital moisture. It melts away excess oil, makeup, sunscreen and environmental impurities while nourishing oils keep skin radiant.
- Mystic Spray: This refreshing spray hydrates and protects your skin. Ideal for oily, sensitive and problem skin.
- X-Cell Serum: This serum brightens as it gently exfoliates to reveal a smoother, more even-toned appearance.
- Affirm Serum: This supercharged serum packed with peptides and antioxidants helps to defend against harmful free radicals.
- Radiance Serum: This serum adds instant radiance to the ski, while also helping to retain moisture and reversing the visible appearance of aging.
- Peptide Rich Defense: This moisturizer with an SPF 50 sunscreen helps to protect the skin from the harsh effects of the sun as it provides a blend of rich peptides and amino acids.
- Purity Detox Scrub: A gentle physical exfoliator combined with Salicylic Acid that removes built-up dead skin cells and dissolves impurities for visible clarity and brilliance. It also reduces the appearance of pores and makes your skin look smoother and brighter.
- Opti Crystal- Provides deep hydration to the eye area and reduces the appearance of dark circles and fine lines.
- Use 1 pump of Purity Solution with DRY hands and a DRY face—manipulate for a few minutes and then go back and add a bit a water into hands to turn this into a water-soluble.
- On a clean face –spritz with Mystic and then apply 1-pump of AFFIRM, followed by Peptide Rich Defense.
- 2-3 days per week after cleansing the skin with Purity Solution use the size of a nickel of the Purity Detox Scrub mixed with water and use circular motions around the face to refine the look of pores and texture of the skin.
- Use Purity Solution again
- Apply 1- pump of X-Cell +—-use this 3x per week and then every week add 1 more night… the goal is to use this little gem 7 days a week.
- Apply 1- pump of Radiance-When you are glowing you look RADIANT.
- And then apply 1 small tiny, pea size amount of Opti Crystal– around the eyes.
Results & Thoughts
I must say that I was very impressed with the products and my 30-day results. My skin was definitely glowing, and my pores were less visible! The above routine took me no more than 15 minutes morning and night, and that’s even with me adding a step in the evening and morning to apply toner. I must add that I also always start my evening routine with using coconut oil on my face to remove my makeup.
I really like the products and would highly recommend this skin care line. Here are the things I would change out or add to the above routine:
- Since I pre-clean my face with coconut oil at night, I would use their Purity Clean or Benefit Clean as a cleanser instead of the Purity Solution.
- I would want to try one of their toners, probably the Purity Balance.
- Do yourself a favor and add Pure C to your skincare routine! I recently got a sample of these vitamin C mixing crystals that can be added to serums and/or moisturizers. It helps even skin tone, while also brightening it.
Wait There’s More…
Since I believe sharing is caring, I’d like to do a Cosmedix Giveaway with a few of my favorite products! One lucky winner will receive a bottle of Mystic Spray and X-Cell + Serum (see description of these products above).