One of my favorite types of Instagram posts is beauty lovers empties from the products they’ve used up! I love looking at pictures of what other beauty bloggers/lovers are using day to day. It is a much better gauge than YouTube since there is so much “pay for play” going on out there now. For a few months I’ve wanted to do it, but each month I change my mind. So for the end of the year, I said there are no backs, and you must share your empties.
For those folks that love beauty products and also have an extensive collection, you know how hard it is sometimes to completely use up products. Reason being….you have a plethora of goods, and you are always buying new stuff, which makes it hard to use up any one thing.
In the above photo, you will see my empties for the month of December. I will share with you the ones that are must-haves, the newbies that will make a repeat appearance, and the ones that are vacant and there will be no renewals.
Must-Haves (these are items I’ve purchased over and over)
- Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 – Many folks are sleeping on this BB cream! Let’s not forget that Ms. Bobbi Brown is one of the OG’s in this makeup game. So she probably knows a thing or two about creating and developing great formulations. I love wearing it alone for my no makeup, makeup days and also for the days I want to layer it underneath my foundation to even out my skin.
- Pixi by Petra Glow Tonic – With the help of Aloe Vera, Ginseng and Glycolic Acid-5%, this tonic packs quite a punch when faced with dead skin cells and acne. I love that it is also gentle enough for folks with sensitive skin to use. This alcohol-free tonic also helps to firm, tighten, and tone skin.
- Prada Candy – This is my signature fragrance for the moment! The scent is warm and spicy, with key notes of white musk, noble benzoin, and caramel accord. I like wearing it alone and also layering it with other lighter scents to put my own spin on it. As they say, Prada Candy is impossible to ignore, and so am I.
- Cover FX Perfect Pencil – The name certainly fits the Cover FX Perfect Pencil. This oil-free, multi-purpose, precision pencil defines the lip line, brow arches, conceals imperfections, and brightens eyes. I have this pencil in two colors and use the lighter shade to clean up my brows.
Newbie Love (products I’ll repurchase)
- NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray – My skin really likes this NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray, and at $8 a bottle so does my wallet! It provides a gorgeous shine-free matte finish that is lightweight and comfortable.
- Mielle Organics Hair Vitamins – Now it’s a little early for me to say if these vitamins work or not for hair growth. I am on my second bottle and can tell my hair has gotten much stronger. I can’t wait to see what 6 months on this product has in store for me.
- Briogeo Curl Charisma rice amino + avocado leave-in defining crème – Naturals and curly girls this product is for you! It ultra-hydrates, defines, and de-frizzes your hair.
Vacant and no renewal (will not repurchase)
- Madam CJ Walker Jamaican Black Castor Oil – Don’t get me wrong I love Jamaican Black Castor Oil – I just can’t get with this particular product. My problem with it is the dispenser pump does not work properly, and at that price point that’s unacceptable. So in the future when I want the ultra-moisturizing and restorative properties of black castor oil, I’ll go with the ones I already own and love!