Recently while on the Sephora.com site I came across something that looked very interesting. It was a new product called blendSMART, a rotating makeup brush. The manufacturers claim this product gives natural-looking results while allowing the use of less makeup. I was immediately intrigued and wondered if it worked and was it worth a purchase! Well, who knew that the company would contact Urban Swank so we could try it out for ourselves. Check out the video below to see the fabulous results for yourself.
Just a few highlights I want to point out before you hit play…
- Key things to know about blendSMART:
- Blends Evenly
- Better Coverage
- Gentle Rotating Motion
- There are three different interchangeable brush heads that can be used with the unit, a foundation brush, blush brush, and powder brush. Note that the starter unit comes with the foundation brush (that’s the one I received).
Here is how I used the rotating brush to apply my foundation:
- I started with half of the amount of foundation I’d normally use per the instructions that came with the starter kit.
- Then I glided the brush slowly across my face in a side-to-side and up-and-down motion. Repeating until the makeup was blended as desired.
- Note: You can use liquid or powder foundation. Just remember not to pour liquid foundation directly onto your brush head
So what’s the verdict?!?! It turned out very NICE right! I used much less foundation and got great coverage. I’m loving the blendSMART system for all of the reasons above and for the beautiful airbrushed finish it gave me.
~Felice “Swanky Girl” Sloan